We believe in our community and their ability to make change. Here at the Latina Center, we develop strong leadership, one person at a time. We believe that in order to build strong and healthy communities, we must develop and empower immigrant women to advocate for themselves, their families, and community. Core to all programs, is a peer to peer leadership development model starts with the self.
The Latina Center empowers local Latinas to identify important health issues in their community and enhances their own abilities to address these health issues with concrete solutions based on the strengths of their communities. The Latina Center’s programs are offered in Spanish and include women and their families from both Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
- Mujeres, Salud y Liderazgo (MSL) / Women, Health and Leadership
- Primero Nuestro Niños / Our Children First
- ¡Ya Basta! Juntos Terminemos la Violencia Familiar / Enough! Together We Can End Family Violence
- The Richmond Incubator Project, A Partnership for Economic Self-Sufficiency
- Young Latinas, Future Leaders, A Leadership and Mentoring Program for Adolescent Latina Girls
- VIH: Escucha Nuestro Historias / HIV: Hear Our Stories
- Circulos de Mujeres / The Women’s Circles Project for Breast Health and Breast Cancer Awareness
- Latinos, Salud y Liderazgo (LSL) / Latinos, Health and Leadership
- Integrated Services for the community